“We strive to walk alongside every individual we work with, on a journey of restorative hope and healing”
Our daily interactions demonstrate that when the skills of our dedicated staff are coupled with the courage of the people we seek to serve, life-changing opportunities emerge, and improved life outcomes are achieved.
Our Annual Report 2020-21 celebrates key milestones and achievements over the year.
Highlights for the year:
- Provided 33,967 free meals and 1900 emergency relief parcels to people experiencing hardships and homelessness
- Supported more than 1500 individuals, young people and community clients through Family Wellbeing Services, Care Pathways and Flexible Learning Options
- Assisted 187 young people through Tumbelin Drug and Alcohol Outreach and Tumbelin Farm programs
- Helped 189 clients achieve their goals through various Disability Services
A spotlight on other notable achievements from this year:
- Launched a robust Practice Framework Tapa Marnirni-apinthi (Creating Change) that articulates high standards for service quality and drives focus upon delivering outcomes for people
- Developed a Housing Pathways Strategy that aims to increase access to safe appropriate and affordable places to call home for the vulnerable people that access our services including people living with disabilities
- Acquired Wirraway Homestead at Strathalbyn adding horse riding to the suite of life-enriching and relationship-building experiences we can offer to children and young people
- Strengthened missional relationships with Baptist churches through mutually beneficial ‘Collaborative Community Projects’ that are impacting the lives of children and families in local communities
- Developed strong partnerships under the ‘Toward Home Alliance’, to address secure, safe, and affordable housing and prevent people from cycling in and out of homelessness
Please take a few minutes to read about the courage of our clients and the professionalism and tenacity of our staff, students, and volunteers.
Thank you for your ongoing support of Baptist Care SA’s vital work.
With the support of our donors and partners, we look forward to another year of helping create lasting change for individuals, families, and communities across South Australia.