At Wirraway we are always looking for people to volunteer their time, investing in the growth and wellbeing of young people.
Bunkhouse Leaders play a vital role in supporting us with our famous ‘Muster’ school holiday program throughout the year.
As a Bunkhouse Leader, you will lead and mentor a bunkhouse of young people aged 10-17 years, through a week-long camp. You will assist with the implementation of activities and motivate your bunkhouse group to step out of their comfort-zone, all the while having the best time ever!
Musters Activities include:
- Horse Riding & Trail Rides
- Sheep Mustering
- Low Ropes
- Shelter Building
- Bush Walking.
Wirraway’s Bunkhouse Leaders are more than just volunteers! They are:
- Part of our famous Wirraway community
- Mentors and friends to young people
- Forming meaningful relationships and friendships, from all walks of life
- Sharing their story and their faith with young people
- Developing their leadership potential
- Transported to another time, living in an ‘Australian settler’ style country village
- Experiencing the best of Wirraway’s equine companions
- Experiencing the Adelaide Hills in all its glory
- Upskilled and trained as needed
- Part of our exclusive volunteer events, where volunteers can socialise and network
- Provided with meals and accommodation during the camp period.
Without Wirraway’s volunteers, our amazing Muster school holiday program just wouldn’t be possible.
- A valid DHS Working with Children Check
- A valid National Police Check
Please note: Baptist Care SA will assist approved applicants to obtain these checks/certificates free of charge.
Interested in taking the first step? Express your interest in becoming a Bunkhouse Leader at Wirraway today!BUNKHOUSE LEADER – EXPRESSION OF INTEREST