Despite months of uncertainty, financial hardship and worry wrought by the pandemic, we were humbled by the generous response from the community which blessed over 1000 South Australians with a special Christmas treat!
WestCare Toy Appeal
- 650 children received gifts from parents who ‘shopped’ at our WestCare Centre Christmas cave, which was stocked with donated presents
- This was an increase of 50% from last year!
- 117 people, including young children, enjoyed a delicious alfresco feast on Christmas Day at our WestCare Centre.
Roundwood Solutions Limestone Coast Toy Run
- $10,000 was raised to buy gifts for 400 children from Mt Gambier, Penola, Millicent and Naracoorte whose families are doing it tough
- 175 motorbikes and cars took part in the Run!
We acknowledge the more than 200 individual donors and the following organisations who ensured no one was left behind:
- The Aird Group
- Barossa Toyota
- Big W
- Bullys Meats
- Community Business Bureau
- Eastern Community Mental Health Service
- Enfield Gem and Mineral Club
- Enjoy Church
- Flinders University
- Hackham West Baptist Church
- Hills Baptist Church
- Hope Valley Church
- Homestart Finance
- Influencer’s Church – Adelaide City
- Knightsbridge Baptist Church
- Lighthouse Community Church
- Lions Club
- Lydair Logistics
- Mount Gambier Baptist Church Playford Baptist Church
- Royal District Nursing Service of SA (RDNS)
- Sunset Rock Uniting Church
- Unley High School
- Unley Park Baptist Church
- Uraidla Men’s Shed
- Wise Employment
- Women’s and Children’s Health Network.
A special thank you to our staff and volunteers who worked so hard to support our Christmas activities across the organisation.