1. What does your role involve?
As a Client Engagement Officer, I am the first point of contact with potential clients. My job is to connect clients with the NDIS supports that they need. I liaise with clients over the phone or email, taking as much information as I can in that initial discussion.
We also contact clients once their plan has finished to determine whether they wish to renew with Baptist Care SA.
2. What do you enjoy most about your work? Why do you work in a disability team?
I enjoy being able to connect clients with supports that they require so that they can improve their quality of life. The disability sector is ever-evolving and it can be challenging for clients to navigate. I am honoured to work in a role that can mitigate some of that confusion.
3. What do you think are the most important things about providing a good service for our clients?
Ensuring the client is at the centre of all that we do is the single most important thing. We connect them with the services that will make the most positive difference to their life.
4. We pride ourselves on working alongside our clients, at their pace – why do you think this is so important?
It’s important to work alongside our clients to always ensure their choice and control. We want them to have ownership of the decisions they make in their lives and to continue their journey, at their own pace. Baptist Care SA is there to provide support where needed.
5. What are you most looking forward to this Christmas?
Having a break and spending quality time with my family and friends. I am lucky enough to have all my children here in Australia. I’m even luckier to have them here in Adelaide and appreciate the time I spend with them.
If you have any questions about Baptist Care SA’s NDIS services, our Client Engagement Team is here to help.